Dragon DR6839. IJN Special Type 4 "Ka-Tsu" Amphibious Tracked Vehicle. Scale 1:35
IJN Special Type 4 "Ka-Tsu" Amphibious Tracked Vehicle. Scale 1:35
DR6839- Dragon Models
This Dragon kit is the Special Type 4 “Ka-Tsu” as used by the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN). It was essentially a 16-ton amphibious landing craft able to swim in water (top speed of 5 knots) and to also drive on land carrying troops and/or cargo. Thus it could be considered an equivalent of the American DUKW.
It was 11m long and operated by a crew of five. It came about from Japanese experience in the Solomon Islands, where it was difficult to resupply troops by sea.
The slide-molded hull is made from one piece, which eases construction and ensures accuracy. The Type 4’s chassis is of one-piece construction as well. Details on the top of the hull are finely reproduced, as is the cabin at the front of the hull.
- Helmsmans cabin fully detailed
- Includes US Marine cameraman figure.
- Sprocket wheels and idler wheels for tracks finely detailed
- Delicate road wheels with authentic separate parts
- Deck hatches can be modelled as Open or Closed
- Tillers and rudders can be posed for land or marine
- Muffler mesh guard made from photo etch
- Detailed towing eyes
- Accurately reproduced details for underside hull
- Optional Deck covers for assembly
- Completed model 314.3 mm in length
Glue and paint required but not included.
This special model also includes FREE POSTAGE to anywhere in Australia.