Academy 13523 -Pz.Kpfw.V Panther Ausf.G Tank, Scale 1:35
Academy -Pz.Kpfw.V Panther Ausf.G Tank, Scale 1:35
In 1944, production of the Panther tank shifted to the G version (Ausf.G) which incorporated a number of design changes learned from combat experience. The most notable differences include a wedge of steel welded to the bottom of the gun mantlet to eliminate a shot trap where rounds would deflect off the lower portion of the rounded mantlet down through the thin upper armor of the hull; elimination of the driver's vision port replaced by a periscope overhead, and simplification of the hull's armor plates.
Academy has released this completely new-tool kit of the Panther incorporating all of the various design changes that were in effect by war's end. This kit is actually Academy's first Panther kit in 1/35 scale (you might remember their older tooling of the Panther in 1/25th). The kit is molded in tan styrene and presented on eight parts trees plus four trees in black styrene and one fret of photo-etched parts.
Among the features and options:
- Lower hull is a multipart assembly with internal bulkheads for strength and alignment
- Detailed suspension arms
- Detailed road wheels and drive sprocket
- Link and length track
- Detailed rear hull with late-style exhaust
- Nice selection of stowage and pioneering tools on the hull
- Photo-etched grilles for the engine deck
- Optional side skirts
- Detailed commander's cupola
- Tiny grab iren rings/steps for turret sides
- Choice of rounded mantlet or wedge-bottom mantlet
The instructions are the usual nice CAD-type illustrations to show how everything goes together. They also include six five-view color profiles of late-model Panther Gs, each with a different and distinctive camouflage pattern.
Skill Level 4
Glue and paint are required for this model. (Not included).
Flat Fee Postage of $12.00 to anywhere in Australia using Australia Post. Spend $75 for FREE postage.