Academy 13516 German Panzer IV Ausf.H "Ver. MID". Scale 1:35
Academy German Panzer IV Ausf.H "Ver. MID". Scale 1:35
The Panzer IV series was developed in the early 1930s as the next step in the evolution of German armor. Where the Panzer I and II were light tanks that spearheaded the early Blitzkrieg, the Panzer III series was envisioned as the tank fighter while the Panzer IV was to be the infantry support tank, initially armed with the 75mm L/24 main gun. When the push into the Soviet Union began, the early Panzers were soon to be outgunned by Soviet armor. While the Panzer III and Panzer IV were both up-armored, the smaller turret ring of the Panzer III limited the firepower upgrades that could be applied to that series. The Panzer IV featured a larger turret ring that could accommodate the continued growth of turret and main gun. While the Panther was intended to replace the Panzer IV, the latter remained in production and in service through the end of the war.
This is Academy's new-tool for the Panzer IV kit, this first release representing the mid-production H-model. This kit is molded in tan styrene, and parts are presented on nine parts trees. The hull and turret surfaces are not molded with Zimmerit, so earlier versions of the tank will be no-doubt forthcoming, but given that this version did have Zimmerit applied, Academy has found an innovative way to represent the textured surfaces without the use of any putties or other such materials. Included in the kit are a set of resin-printed decals produced by DEF. These decals have the texture of the Zimmerit and they are applied like any waterslide decals.
Features of the kit:
- All new-tooled parts
- Color-coded instructions (blue-gray for current parts being assembled, white for completed subassemblies, gray for optional parts choices
- Multi-part lower hull which provides greater strength and surface details
- Lower hull has no holes for motorization
- New upper hull with anti-slip surfaces molded into the top surfaces
- Hull uses overlays to capture the specific details of the version represented in the kit
- Detailed suspension and roadwheels on lower hull
- Rubber (vinyl) track runs
- Positionable crew hatches
- Side skirts can be made removable
- Choice of main gun muzzle brake
- Detailed stowage and pioneering tools on hull
- Detailed turret
- MG mount on commander's turret
Skill Level 4
Glue and paint are required for this model. (Not included).
Flat Fee Postage of $12.00 to anywhere in Australia using Australia Post. Spend $75 for FREE postage.