Academy 13522 German StuG IV, Sd.Kfz.167 "Ver Early". Scale 1:35
Academy - German StuG IV, Sd.Kfz.167 "Ver Early". Scale 1:35
In the middle of World War II, the Sturmgeschutz (StuG) III was the primary self-propelled assault gun in service with the German army. The StuG III was essentially a Panzer III chassis paired with the 75mm L/70 gun mounted in a low-profile armored shell. Krupp wanted to build the StuG based upon their Panzer IV chassis, but their initial designs were rejected. When the Alkett factory that produced the StuG III was damaged by allied bombing, production of the StuG IV was approved. While Krupp had produced over 1,100 StuG IV by war's end, that was only a fraction of the StuG III combat vehicles that were produced. Nonetheless, the StuG IV was highly regarded as a tank killer and served alongside the StuG III through the end of the war.
This kit is molded in tan styrene and presented on eight parts trees, plus the upper hull shell, and two runs of 'rubber band' track molded in black vinyl.
- New-tooled parts to render the StuG IV
- Multi-part lower hull which provides greater strength and surface details
- Lower hull has no holes for motorization
- Hull uses overlays to capture the specific details of the version represented in the kit
- Detailed suspension and roadwheels on lower hull
- Rubber (vinyl) track runs
- Positionable crew hatches
- Detailed stowage and pioneering tools on hull
- MG mount w/shield on commander's hatch
Skill Level 4.
Glue and paint are required to complete this model (not included).
Flat Fee Postage of $12.00 to anywhere in Australia using Australia Post. Spend $75 for FREE postage.