Academy 12487 - PBY-5A Catalina with Aus Decals, 1:72 Scale
PBY-5A Catalina with Aus Decals, 1:72 Scale
The Consolidated PBY Catalina, also known as the Canso in Canadian service, was an American flying boat, and later an amphibious aircraft of the 1930s and 1940s produced by Consolidated Aircraft. It was one of the most widely used seaplanes of World War II. Catalinas served with every branch of the United States Armed Forces and in the air forces and navies of many other nations.
During World War II, PBYs were used in anti-submarine warfare, patrol bombing, convoy escorts, search and rescue missions (especially air-sea rescue), and cargo transport. The PBY was the most notorious aircraft of its kind and the last active military PBYs were not retired from service until the 1980s. In 2014, nearly 80 years after its first flight, the aircraft continues to fly as a water bomber (or air tanker) in aerial firefighting operations all over the world.
- Fully engraved panel lines and rivet details
- Detailed seats, bulkheads, instrument panel with decal bulkheads
- Accurately reproduced engines and cowlings, optional front gun turrets
- Detailed wing tip floats and retraction mechanism
- Bomb ordnance and radar antennae included
- Australian and US Army Air Force decals included.
- Kit length 266mm
- 112 parts
Glue and paint are required but are not included.
Flat Fee Postage of $12.00 to anywhere in Australia using Australia Post. Spend $75 for FREE Postage to anywhere in Australia.