Dragon DR6329. M2A1 Half Track . 1:35 Scale
US World War II Half Track M2A1. Scale 1:35
DR6329 - Dragon
The Dragon M2A1 Half Track kit is a 2 in 1 kit where either the M2 Half Track can be built or the M2A1 variant can be completed.
The major difference between the M2 and M2A1 - the former had a skate rail for AA machine guns fitted around the inner edge of the rear compartment, while the M2A1 eliminated the skate ring and had an M49 ring mount for a .50-cal machine gun located in a “pulpit” over the co-driver’s seat. It also had three pintle mounts in the rear for a .30-cal machine gun. Either of these vehicles can be fully built up, since all necessary parts for both vehicles are included.
The M2 and M2A1 Half Tracks were based on the M2A1/M3 scout car, the M2 series of half-track was originally intended as a reconnaissance vehicle and prime mover for the 105mm howitzer. This American half-track could accommodate ten passengers in the rear compartment, even though it was shorter than the later M3 half-track. Total production of the M2 series half-track reached 13,058, making this an immensely important Allied vehicle.
The highly detailed kit is packed with special features and options, with widespread use of slide moulds and photo-etched metal components.
- Winch assembly for the M2A1
- Front roller for the M2
- Two types of headlights and light guards
- Armoured grille with 2 options and photo etched parts
- Engine hood with detailed bolts and hinges
- Front windows can be positioned open or closed
- Photo etched visors for armoured window covers
- Detailed cab doors with interior detailing
- Cab doors can be positioned closed or swung down
- Complete detailed engine with radiator and oil sump
- Tow hook photo etched metal
- Jerry cans with detailed straps
- On-vehicle tools
- One piece external mine rack with built in mines for M2A1
- Cabin moulded with internal radio details
- M49 armoured ring mount for M2A1
- .50-cal MG mount is mounted to side with photo-etched strap
- Rear mud flaps made from photo-etched parts
- First kit ever to have accurate rubber track modeled with center guide band
- Sprung suspension with bogie assembly with internal spring detail
- Full drive train assembly complete with engine transmission, differential housing and suspension units
- Steering mechanism in full detail
- Dual drive train w/ disc brake assembly
- Cartograf decal offer different markings
Glue and paint are required but are not included.
This great model kit also includes FREE Postage to anywhere in Australia.