"The Isle of Dread" - D&D Original Encounters Recreated #2. FREE Postage
D&D Original Encounters Recreated #2. "The Isle of Dread", - Hardcover
Updated to suit D&D 5th Edition
Goodman Games expands its partnership with Wizards of the Coast with the second release in the Original Adventures Reincarnated line!
The first installment, Into the Borderlands, is already a best-seller, and this second release will transform a hit title into a hit product line.
OAR 2: The Isle of Dread brings back the very first wilderness adventure ever published by Wizards of the Coast. This tutorial adventure by legendary designers Zeb Cook and Tom Moldvay was included in the D&D Expert Set and has been seen by millions of gamers. Now the 1E edition is released in hardcover form, accompanied by a 5E conversion and expansion.
This is your chance to revisit an iconic adventure from your youth and play it in the newest rules set with the next generation!
Sneak Preview of the Contents:-
- A brand new piece of art by Erol Otus as the illustrated frontispiece!
- A foreword by Zeb Cook discussing how he designed a classic adventure, without meaning to do so.
- A retrospective by Paul Reiche III, developer of Isle of Dread, the guy responsible for the deranged ankylosaur.
- An article by Lawrence Schick recounting the origin of the Known World campaign setting as first introduced in X1: The Isle of Dread.
- Michael Curtis’ retrospective on reading X1 from the back of a mini-van as a youth.
- Harley Stroh’s retrospective about riding battle-tigers on the Isle of Dread as a sixth-grader.
- An interview with Zeb Cook, co-author of Isle of Dread.
- Full scans of the original publication, both the first and second printings!
- And, of course, a 5E conversion with plenty of new content as well.
This full colour gloss book is 328 pages long.
This item also includes FREE postage to anywhere in Australia.