AF35191 AFV Club. 105mm Howitzer M101A & Carriage M2A2. Aus Decals. Scale 1:35
105mm Howitzer M101A & Carriage M2A2. Aus Decals. 1:35 scale
AFV35191 -AFV Club
The US Army mainly used foreign cannons in WWII, and following the end of WWI, the Army covered a board to determine the future of the US Army artillery. Known as the Westervelt Board after its President. In 1919 the Board recommended that the 105mm be the divisional gun. The indigenous gun would be able to projectile 30-35 pound ammunition up to 12000 yards.
This 105mm Howitzer adopted modulated cannon and carriage: both of them can be used with other platforms or cannons. By 1928, the Howitzer was designated as M1, now with spreadable trails, wooden wheels and shield flaps. However, due to the Great Depression, the project was suspended. By 1934, the Howitzer was improved to projectile fixed ammunition, designated as M2. By 1940, further improved M2A1 was introduced, with modified bolt, metal carriage and rubber tyres, also electronic brakes for truck towing.
In 1962 the artillery designation was changed and the 105mm M2A1 Howitzer became the M101A1. The production was well into post war up to 1953, plus authorised production in foreign countries. M101A1 continues to see service with many countries.
- New tooling modified two layer shield replicated in realistic thickness
- Metal gun barrel with rifling,
- Shield, trails and lunette can be posed in firing or travel mode. The kit includes several types of pintles for vehicle hauling
- Authentically reproduced M101A1, 105mm Howitzer in late WWII service
- Rubber made wheels with road pattern tyres of late WWII version
Paint and glue are required and not included.
Flat Fee Postage of $8.00 to anywhere in Australia using Australia Post. Spend $75 for FREE postage.