AF-AR48101 AFV Club. Northrop F-5E/F-5N VFC-111 Sundowners 1:48 Scale
Northrop F-5E/F-5N VFC-111 Sundowners, 1:48 Scale
Based on the successful and popular F-5E, Northrop commenced their new project originally dubbed the F-5G, was equipped with a General Electric F404 engine which was also adopted by the F/A-18 and was capable of firing the AIM-7 Sparrow missile. This aircraft boasted superior 'Beyond-Visual-Range' air combat capability.
Two prototype planes crashed during sales demonstrations and Northrop finally cancelled the project in 1986.
However, the craft had proven technics which became modifications on later production F-5E's such as the 'Shark Head' nose and leading edge extensions.
USN/USMC purchased 32 Swiss F-5E airframes in 2002 as the F-5N replacement and these were re-designated as F-5N after a major overhaul and remained in squadron until 2015.
- New tooling 'Shark Nose' nose cone and landing gear etc
- New tooling antennas, hot flares launcher and LEX
- Sharply curved panel lines
- Landing gear hatches can be modelled in open or closed positions
- Excellent detailed instrument panels
- Option parts included to model opened or closed auxillary air intake
- Flaps can be positioned at any angle
- Precision photo etch parts included
Glue and paint are required but not included.
This great model also includes FREE Postage to anywhere in Australia.