Academy 13519 - Finnish Army, K9FIN "Moukari" self propelled Howitzer, Scale 1:35
Academy - Finnish Army, K9FIN "Moukari self propelled Howitzer, Scale 1:35
The K9 self-propelled howitzer is a capable artillery system developed by South Korea for use in its armed forces. The design of the K9 is based upon the M109A2K in service with the RoK Army, but is updated with a number of features including a 155mm L52 howitzer which provides greater performance than the M109's L39 howitzer. The system saw brief action in 2010 during an artillery attack from North Korea that resulted in counter-battery fire in response. In 2016, Finland agreed to purchase 48 refurbished K9 systems to modernize its land forces with deliveries to commence this year.
Academy has reissued the K9 kit originally released in 2010 and featuring Finnish Army markings. The kit is molded in tan styrene and presented on five parts trees plus upper and lower hull halves, plus two lengths of vinyl track.
Among the features and options presented in this kit:
- Simple construction
- Lower hull has remnants of motorization though plugs are included to block those holes
- Detailed suspension and road wheels
- Nice details on the hull
- Positionable driver's hatch
- Positionable side hatches on turret
- Positionable overhead turret hatches
- Separately molded pioneering tools that are stowed on the side of the turret
- .50 caliber machine gun mount on commander's hatch
- Slide-molded muzzle brake on end of gun barrel
- Main gun movable in elevation
- Barrel lock is positionable
Skill Level 4
Glue and paint are required for this model. (Not included). Figures are not included in this kit.
Flat Fee Postage of $12.00 to anywhere in Australia using Australia Post. Spend $75 for FREE postage.