Dragon 11009 Apollo 11 "Lunar Approach" CSM & LM, Scale 1:48. FREE Postage
Apollo 11 "Lunar Approach", CSM Columbia & LM Eagle. Scale 1:48.
DR11009 - Dragon Models
Apollo 11 will forever remain hallowed in history books since it was the mission that first put man on the Moon. Watched by millions of TV viewers, the historic Moon landing occurred on 20 July 1969 when the lander touched down on the southern Sea of Tranquility. The Lunar Module (LM), christened Eagle, spent 21.5 hours on the Moon’s surface, while the Command & Service Module (CSM), named Columbia orbited above.
As for Dragon’s 1/48 scale model, it features the Eagle LM still coupled to the Columbia CSM on its approach to the Moon. The spacecraft modules possess accurate detail, and this kit conveniently provides them both in a single box. Having the two modules connected like this makes for an impressive sight when they’re exhibited on their integral display stand. The set also features a newly tooled adapter to combine the two modules together. Furthermore, the kit makes for an interesting education lesson, allowing modellers to understand more about this milestone event.
- Display stand included
- Delicate command/service module and lunar module with astonishing detail
- Authentic ascent stage
- Intricate docking target and VHF antenna on ascent stage
- S-band steerable antenna and rendezvous radar antenna can be folded up/down
- Realistic landing radar antenna moulded w/details
- Intricate descent stage w/realistic engine
- Egress platform with delicate detail
- Diminutive reaction control thruster assembled w/crisp details
- Docking Probe Assembly rendered w/intricate detail
- Realistic service propulsion system reproduced
- Photo-etched service module antennas authentically reproduced
- Aft heat shield moulded w/fine detail.
Requires glue and paint to complete but these are NOT included.
This incredible model kit also includes FREE Postage to anywhere in Australia.